Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year...New Evolution

Good bye to 2010.  Wow what a year.  So much has happened this year, I could hardly keep up. With the economy the way it is, the natural disasters, and other losses we have experienced as a country, it seems that one could loose hope in the future.  I've learned that when I press my way through a situation, feeling, circumstance, and believe and act out the truth that I know, I make it through OK and things NEVER turn out the way I imagined they would.    It is said best in Hebrews 10:36  - You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what He has promised.
It is my hope that you too will press through in the coming year. Minute by minute, hour by hour and day by day you'll make it to your promise.  -Peace
Now for the BUSINESS REPORT.  I'm still plugging away at this sewing thing and I've had a breakthrough or two that have lead me in an old direction but with a fresh approach.

I've added alterations to my business focus again.  It's something I do now and have done on occasion for friends and friends of friends but haven't widely advertised. Well now, I'm shouting it from the roof tops because I've discovered a lesser practiced niche in the alterations world, which is a mobile alterations business.  No, I'm not strapping my sewing machines to a van and going door to door, but I am doing on site fittings and measurements for specific clients who are too busy to take a trip to the local tailor.  I've tested a few new clients and I was blown away by their receptiveness to having a stranger in their home to fit them for alterations.  I've gone from 0-60 ever since and I can't wait to see how this thing evolves......oh there's that word.

Oh yes, this sewing thing is evolving and I don't put reigns on it anymore like I have in the past.  I had to have control over what happened, how it happened and when it happened, but now I'm open to wherever my gift takes me.  It will change me in the process, but isn't that how we grow?  

Stay tuned...there's more to see in 2011
 
Like my new Business Facebook page here:
Alterations Next Door

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...